Our mission: To raise 250,000 women and their families out of abject poverty while ensuring that ethical and sustainable products are accessible to all.
SO JUST SHOP works closely with small-scale artisan groups to ensure they have the funds, materials and training to produce each collection and will only work with bigger suppliers who are developing educational programmes to extend training for 'male-dominated’ skills, such as silver-smithing and gold-smithing, to be delivered to women - which is how the JUST jewellery collection became tangible (we insist that our orders are handcrafted by the women on their dedicated training programmes). As well as this, SO JUST SHOP strives to work with co-operatives working in marginalised communities; our product range includes accessories and homeware hand-crafted by women in living in extreme poverty, disabled women, ex-sex workers, refugees, women viewed as outcast by society and survivors of domestic abuse and trafficking. Many of these co-operatives provide the women with literacy and numeracy lessons, creches and education for their children, an extended family, as well as a legal and safe form of employment, that pays them a fair living wage.
Up to 80%* of each sale goes back to the artisans groups that we work with; all products made or sourced for SO JUST SHOP are in-line with our core values:
- Just Women - products to made by women-led groups, handcrafted by female artisans
- Just Pay - all employees are paid an adequate living wage
- Just Working Conditions - a workplace that is free from hazards and maintains working conditions that are safe and healthy for their employees
- Just Working Hours - maximum standard working hours of 48 hours a week / 8hrs day
- Age - all employees are above the legal minimum working age
- Materials - made from ethical and sustainable materials, promoting recycled and upcycled products
*Our margins vary dependent on product range, however, at all times women are paid a living wage, are of legal age and working in safe conditions.